Beet Salad with Crispy Leeks and Bacon
You can roast the beets in advance or at the same time (at the median temp, 425 degrees). When you combine golden beets and regular beets in this way, the result is an awesome looking tie-dye. Check it out above!
- 2 pounds roasted beets, (mix golden and regular) skins removed
- 2 large leeks, white and light green parts only, halved and thinly sliced into half moons
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 6 ounces bacon (about 8 strips), cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- Sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 450°F.
- Combine leeks with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and season with salt and pepper on a foil-lined baking sheet. Toss to combine. Arrange the bacon in an even layer on top of the leeks. Bake for 30 minutes, redistributing halfway through, until the leeks are cooked through and caramelized and the bacon is browned.
- Toss the roasted beets with the remaining olive oil and the vinegar. Arrange on a serving plate or bowl, and top with the crispy leeks and bacon.
If you make this, share a photo and tag me @PhoebeLapine #feedmephoebe - I would love to see it!