- 1 package light brown sugar (2 1/2 cups)
- 1 stick butter (1/2 cup)
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 325°F. Grease a 9×13-inch baking pan. Use a smaller baking pan for thicker blondies—just bake a bit longer.
- Combine the brown sugar and butter in a small saucepan. Heat over medium heat until the butter is melted and combined and the whole mixture just begins to bubble. Remove and let come to room temperature. This will take about 20 minutes; speed it up in the fridge if need be.
- When the butter and sugar have cooled, beat in the eggs and vanilla. Add the flour and salt, then gently stir in the chocolate chips. Pour into the prepared pan and bake 25-30 minutes, until the top has gotten slightly puffed and crusty. Cool, and cut into small rectangles.