- 1 pound ground chicken thigh meat
- 2 shallots, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- One 2-inch knob of ginger, peeled and minced (about 2 tablespoons)
- 2 scallions, minced
- 3/4 cups fresh white breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1/2 teaspoon siracha
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients for the meatballs. Form into small 1 inch balls (you should get 24 or so), and arrange them on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake in the oven until golden brown, 20-25 minutes. Set aside.
- In the meantime, heat 1 tablespoon of neutral vegetable oil in a large stock pot or Dutch oven over a medium-low flame. Add the shallot, white parts of the scallions, and the ginger, and saute until soft, about 4 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for another minute. Pour in the stock and soy sauce, and bring to a boil. Add the noodles and simmer until they are al dente, about 6 minutes, or as specified on the package. Add the meatballs and the remaining scallions to the pot. Taste for seasoning: if lacking in salt, add more soy; if you like spice, add some siracha. To serve, ladle the noodles, meatballs, and broth into 4 bowls and eat immediately.