This is excellent served alongside quinoa or rice. Mix your grain of choice with a little extra rice wine vinegar and soy sauce to add flavor.
- 1 shallot, sliced
- 2-inch knob ginger, peeled and minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 pound peeled and deveined shrimp, rinsed
- 1 pound asparagus, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- ¼ cup chopped fresh mint leaves
- Preheat the oven to 500°F.
- Combine the shallot, ginger, garlic, soy sauce, vinegar, oil, honey, salt, and red pepper in a medium mixing bowl. Pat the shrimp dry with a paper or dish towel so they don’t dilute the marinade. Add the shrimp and the asparagus to the bowl and toss to combine.
- Lay the shrimp-asparagus mixture flat on a foil-lined baking sheet. Roast in the oven until the shrimp are pink and cooked through, and the asparagus is tender but still has a slight crunch, about 10 minutes.
- Transfer to a serving bowl (making sure to keep any of the remaining marinade/juices) and toss with the mint. Serve alongside quinoa or rice.