Roasted Fingerling Potatoes with Romesco
Makes 2 servings
1lb fingerling potatoes, halved
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup romesco sauce (recipe follows)
Flat-leaf parsley leaves for garnish
1. Preheat the oven to 450°F.
2. On a parchment- or foil-lined baking sheet, toss the potatoes together with the oil and the salt. Arrange in one layer, flesh-side down. Roast in the oven for about 20 minutes, until the potatoes are brown and crispy.
3. In the meantime, make the romesco (recipe follows).
4. Arrange the potatoes on a platter or plate, spoon the sauce into a small bowl, sprinkle with parsley, and serve.
Wintertime Romesco Sauce
Makes about 1 cup sauce
2 tablespoons whole blanched almonds
1 garlic clove
2 slices white bread, crusts removed
One 7-ounce jar of roasted red peppers, drained
1/2 tablespoon sherry vinegar or red wine vinegar
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1/4 teaspoon hot smoked paprika
1. Pulse the nuts and garlic in a small food processor until minced. Add the bread and pulse until crumbs. Add the peppers, vinegar, lemon juice and paprika and pulse until smooth. Stream in olive oil and puree until the mixture resembles the texture of mayonnaise (you will end up using around 1/4 cup). Add salt and pepper to taste.
2. Store in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.