- 1 pint yellow cherry tomatoes (you can use regular)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 pound capellini
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped basil
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees.
- In a large cast iron skillet or baking dish, toss the tomatoes together with the salt, sugar, and olive oil. Bake in the oven for 15 to 20 minutes, until the tomatoes have released a lot of liquid and their skins have begun to burst.
- Turn the heat up to 500 degrees and cook for another 10 minutes, until the skins are blistered. Set aside to cool.
- In the meantime, bring a pot of salted water to boil. Cook the pasta according to package directions until al dente (about 3 minutes). Drain and add to the pan with the tomatoes. Toss to combine and taste for seasoning. Sprinkle with fresh basil and parmesan (if using), and serve immediately.