- 1 tablespoon ancho chili powder (or any chili powder you have on hand)
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1/2 lb chorizo (about 2 links), casings removed
- 4-6 tortillas
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1/2 cup Chipotle Crema
- Mango Salad (recipe follows)
- Cilantro leaves
- In a mixing bowl, combine the chili powder, lime juice, mustard, oil and salt. Add the chicken and toss until coated in the marinade. Place a nonstick or cast-iron skillet over high heat and brown the chicken in batches. Remove to a plate and allow to rest for 5-10 minutes. Add the chorizo to the pan, breaking apart with your spatula as you cook, until browned and cooked through. Set aside.
- Slice the chicken into strips and combine it with the chorizo along with any juices.
- Arrange the chicken-chorizo mixture alongside warm tortillas, sliced avocado, chopped mango or mango salad, and chipotle crema and serve immediately. Let guests (whoever they may be) roll their own tacos.
- 1 medium mango, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced or pushed through a press
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 tsp siracha
- ½ tsp salt
- fresh cilantro, roughly chopped (optional)
- Combine all ingredients in a medium mixing bowl and toss to combine. For best results, make the salad the night before to allow the flavors to intensify.