- 4 large chicken breasts, bone-in skin on
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 3 tbsp butter, room temperature
- 1 garlic clove, pushed through a press
- 1 tsp salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small bowl, combine the zest, lemon juice, butter, garlic, and salt and whip together.
- With clean hands, rub the butter mixture underneath the chicken’s skin so there is a thin layer. Repeat with each breast. Leftover butter can be reserved for another use.
- Coat a over proof skillet with a thin layer of oil and brown the chicken over medium-high heat, starting with the skin-side down. Once both sides have been browned, place the chicken in the oven and cook until the breasts are cooked through, about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Allow chicken to rest for another ten minutes or so under a sheet of foil. Serve warm or room temperature to allow you and your guests to cool.
- 1 large loaf ciabatta or other rustic Italian bread, sliced
- 2 small cucumbers, halved, and sliced
- 2 large plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped (or you can use cherry)
- 1/2 lb buffalo mozzarella or buccacini, roughly torn into pieces
- 1 cup basil leaves, roughly torn
- salt to taste
- Lemon Caper vinaigrette
- Preheat the oven to broil.
- In a medium mixing bowl, toss together the cucumbers, tomatoes, and mozzarella with the vinaigrette. Set aside.
- Slice the bread into large rustic pieces. Lay them flat on a rimmed baking sheet and brush each slice with olive oil. Place on the top rack in the oven and toast until dark brown, but not burned.
- Allow the bread to cool enough to handle. Cut into 1 inch pieces. Add the bread and basil to the bowl and toss together with the rest of the salad mixture.
- Serve immediately along side the chicken.