- 2 lbs Patty pan squash, scrubbed until clean, and cut into thick slices
- 1 Vidalia onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ½ cup basil leaves, chopped
- In a large Dutch oven or sauté pan with a lid, heat the olive oil over a medium flame. Sauté the onion until translucent. Add the squash, season it with salt, and continue to cook, covered, stirring occasionally, until it begins to soften.
- When the squash is nearly done (soft, but not falling apart), add the basil and stir to combine. Taste for seasoning, and serve warm.