You can pick up a ball of dough from your favorite pizza place - just ask nicely, like I always do! Or you can make your own. It takes a few hours, but it's pretty easy.
- 1 ball pizza dough
- 3/4 – 1 cup tomato sauce
- 6 oz (3/4 cup) shredded whole milk mozzarella
- 1 large shallot, thinly sliced
- 6 oz pepperoni, thinly sliced
- 1/4lb fresh mozzarella (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Preheat the oven to 500°F.
- Spoon the sauce over the pizza dough and spread with the back of your spoon. You want every inch to have some sauce, but not be overly saturated. Sprinkle the cheese over the top of the pizza. Arrange the shallot and pepperoni slices over the top. Add some coarsely torn fresh mozzarella (if using).
- Bake for 10-15 minutes, until the crust has browned and the cheese is bubbling and brown in spots. Remove from the oven, sprinkle with salt and the hot pepper flakes or oregano if you like. Rest for a minute or two, then slide onto a cutting board, cut into slices and serve.