- 1 pound carrots, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 small red onions, quartered
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 inch ginger, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1-2 teaspoons Thai red curry paste
- 2 cups chicken or veggie stock
- One 15-ounce can coconut milk ( full fat)
- 1/2 lime
- Cilantro (optional)
- Toasted coconut flakes (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- In a medium mixing bowl, toss carrot and onion with oil, sugar, and salt. Spread the veggies evenly on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Roast in the oven for 30-40 minutes, until browned and tender, stirring once halfway through.
- Transfer the veg to a food processor or blender along with the ginger, 1 teaspoon curry paste, and the stock. Blend until incorporated. Add coconut milk and blend until smooth. Taste for seasoning and add salt and additional curry paste if you like spice. Add lime juice and any additional liquid if you prefer your soup thinner in texture.
- Spoon into bowls and serve with cilantro or toasted coconut for garnish.