- 2 15oz cans black beans
- 2 garlic cloves
- ½ lime, juiced
- 1 tbsp sour cream
- ¼ cup cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1 cup fresh breadcrumbs
- ½ tsp cumin
- ½ tsp chili powder
- ¼ tsp cayenne
- 1 tsp salt
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- In a food processor, pulse the garlic, 1 can of beans, lime juice, and sour cream until moderately smooth. Transfer to a mixing bowl and fold in the remaining ingredients. Mix until properly combined.
- With clean hands, form the bean mixture into 1 inch balls and set aside on a plate. Chill the balls for twenty minutes or so.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Arrange the cakes on the sheet and bake for 20 minutes, until resembling falafel.
- Arrange cakes on a platter, and serve room temperature with a dollop of crema (recipe follows) on top and some torn cilantro leaves for garnish.
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup packed cilantro leaved, roughly chopped
- 1 small shallot
- 1 garlic clove
- Juice of 1/2 a lime
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor and puree. Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days.