This wild rice recipe with herbs is easy to make and a great way to incorporate fresh spring herbs into a comfort food salad made with whole grains.
Originally published on Food & Wine.
- 1 cup wild rice
- 8 cups cold water
- Sea salt
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped chives
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped mint
- 2 tablespoon finely chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- In a large saucepan, cover the rice with the water, add 1 teaspoon of salt and bring to a boil. Cover and simmer over moderately low heat until the wild rice is tender but still chewy, about 1 hour. Drain the wild rice well.
- Toss the wild rice with the chives, mint, parsley, lemon juice and olive oil. Season with salt and serve.