- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup flour
- 4 drumsticks
- 4 chicken thighs
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 cup crème fraîche
- One 9-ounce package frozen artichoke hearts
- 1 pound gnocchi
- 1 tablespoon dill (optional)
- In a large Dutch oven, melt the butter over high heat. Season the chicken with salt and pepper, place the flour in a shallow plate, and dredge the seasoned chicken on both sides, shaking off any excess.
- Add the chicken to the pan in batches, making sure not to crowd the pot, and brown on both sides, adjusting the heat if the drippings start to burn. Set aside to a plate.
- Add the onions, and turn the heat down to medium. Saute until translucent, scraping up any of the brown bits in the pan, about 5 minutes. Add the wine and deglaze the pan. Bring to a simmer. Add the chicken back to the pot in one layer. Pour the stock over the top, raise the heat, and bring to a boil. Cover, reduce the heat to medium-low, and cook for 15 minutes. Turn the chicken, cover, and cook for another 15 minutes. Carefully remove the chicken from the pot, and set aside on the plate. Whisk in the crème fraîche until fulling incorporated. Add the artichokes and bring to a simmer. Stir in the gnocchi, submerging them in the sauce, and return the lid to the pot. Cook until the gnocchi are tender, about 3 minutes.
- To serve, spoon the gnocchi and artichokes onto a serving platter (or individual plates), and top with the chicken. Sprinkle with fresh dill and serve immediately.