If you can’t find fresh peas this late in the season, simply substitute frozen peas, thawed. The dish will still be delicious!
- 1 pound new or red potatoes (preferably baby)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ cup fresh peas (from about ½ pound shelling peas), either raw or lightly steamed
- Place the potatoes in a medium pot of salted water and bring to boil over high heat. Cook the potatoes until easily pierced with a fork, about 20 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon, or drain.
- In a mixing bowl, or the same pot, add the herbs, salt, and oil to the potatoes. Smash with a fork or a potato masher until they form a coarse mash. Taste for seasoning, fold in the peas, and serve alongside a simple piece of grilled fish or meat.