- 1 cup basmati rice (or any long grain white rice)
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 small shallot, minced
- ¼ cup parsley leaves, roughly chopped
- 1/3 cup mint leaves, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup toasted almonds, roughly chopped
- 2 tsp white vinegar
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- salt to taste
- In a medium stock pot, bring 2 cups of salted water to boil. Add the rice, turn the heat to low, cover and cook until all the liquid has absorbed and the rice is cooked through, about 20-25 minutes. Using a fork, fluff the rice and allow to cool slightly.
- In a medium mixing bowl, or in the rice pot (as shown below), combine the remaining ingredients and taste for seasoning. Serve warm or at room temperature as a refreshing, yet filling summer side.