There is so much that modern medicine has taught us about why gut imbalances like SIBO can take hold (just see episode 36 for some of the recent research). But we often overlook some of the ancient wisdom that has been making sense of these conditions for centuries. Since many of you have been requesting more episodes on general dysbiosis and gut health, I thought this would be the perfect time to discuss the Ayurvedic approach to digestive distress.
Today, Dr. Kulreet Chaudhary is joining us to share the philosophy of Ayurveda and discuss some of the modalities like discovering your dosha, sound healing, oil pulling, eating according to our circadian cycle, and so many more. She is the author of The Prime and Sound Medicine and as a neuroscientist has participated in over twenty clinical research studies in the areas of multiple sclerosis, Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease, ALS, and diabetic peripheral neuropathy.
This episode includes so much wisdom that could benefit anyone who has tried a million different tests, diets and supplements but can’t seem to find a path that works for them. It also ties together many holistic lessons we’ve discussed over the course of 4 seasons.
A quick taste of what we’ll cover:
- What makes the Ayurvedic approach different from western medicine
- The three doshas and how imbalances present themselves, including through weight loss and gain
- The biggest physical indications of gut issues that work better than bloodwork and stool tests for uncovering your underlying microbiome issues
- A guide to evacuation, including what your poop tells you about your absorption
- Ayurvedic dietary philosophy and why raw salad is kryptonite for those with weak digestion
- Trafala and other supplements to aid in everyday digestive support that are great tools to add to your SIBO medicine cabinet
- How to properly detox in stages, plus tools like digestive tea, oil pulling, and oil-based enemas
- The mind-gut connection and how sound healing can rewire your nervous system
- And so much more!
Resources, mentions and notes:
- The SIBO Made Simple Book – Available to Pre-Order! Find out more about early bonuses here
- Dr. Chaudhary’s website
- Dr. Chaudhary’s book The Prime and Sound Medicine
- Dr. Chaudhary’s dosha quiz
- Dr. Chaudhary’s Chakra Mantra chant
- EP18: Getting Dirty: The Rules of Greater Gut Health
- EP29: Critters That Cure (on Intestinal Worms That Heal AI Disease)
- EP14: Sleep-Gut Cycle
- EP05: Intermittent Fasting and Meal Spacing
- Join the SIBO Made Simple Facebook Community Page
- Subscribe to the newsletter (and receive a free low FODMAP cookbook)
This episode is brought to you by 4 Weeks to Wellness, my online program for finding the sweet spot between health and hedonism. Need 4-weeks worth of easy low FODMAP recipes with a step-by-step meal plan laid out for you? You’ll receive a 20-recipe cookbook, complete with shopping lists, elimination diet guidance and reintroduction worksheets, in addition to the many other program resources like my symptom and activity tracker, lymphatic massage videos, doable desk stretches, and so much more. The 300+ people who have joined the tribe have reported clearer skin, calmer tummies, less bloat, tamer food cravings, and a general ease over their newfound habits. To find out more details about when the next session starts, click here. Use the code SIBOMADESIMPLE at checkout for $40 off!
Disclaimer: The information in this podcast does not provide medical advice, professional diagnosis, opinion, or treatment. The information discussed is for educational purposes only and is not a substitute for medical or professional care.