Beet Salad with Ricotta Salata and Pistachios
This roasted beet salad recipe is easy to make and is the perfect healthy lunch or dinner. It's also vegetarian and gluten-free.
- 4 large beets about 1 ¼ pounds, stalks and greens trimmed
- 1/3 pound ricotta salata cut into ½ inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons shelled pistachios
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Roast the beets. Follow my instructions here. Once the beets have cooled, and you’ve removed the skins, cut them into 1/4 inch thick wedges and set aside in a medium mixing bowl.
- Toss the beets with the lemon juice and olive oil and season to taste with salt and pepper. Sprinkle the cheese and pistachios over the dressed beets. Serve the beet salad atop a bed of arugula or mixed greens for a main course salad, or alongside a simple chicken breast for a well-balanced dinner.