This post is sponsored by my friends at Plum Vida, whose veggie purees are the secret ingredient in my kale margarita recipe. Products featured on Feed Me Phoebe are few and far between, and as with all opinions on this site, I only give my endorsement when genuine. Thank you for supporting the brands that make this site possible!
I discovered the beauty of kale margaritas last year at a little bar in the East Village. I love kale in pretty much anything, but had never actually used it to chase my tequila before. And three glasses in, I was definitely a fan.
The concoction not only had the added benefits of leafy greens, but it was also refreshing, not overly sweet and totally delicious. I’ve been dying to try my hand at these mean green margaritas ever since. But without a juicer to my name, it felt silly to pick up a $10 bottle of green goodness from Juice Press just to use as a mixer.
So when I started to play around with recipes for these Plum Vida pouches, the first thing that came to mind immediately was a green margarita. I knew the Pear, Kale, Apple Spinach blend would be perfect with a dose of lime juice and some added herbs.
If you’re joining me for this month’s wellness challenge, the last thing you probably want to be looking at is a frosty margarita. But the month is almost over, and when it is, hopefully you’ll try to keep some moderation in mind going forward.
I gave you a few of my tips last week for better boozing once you switch back over to re-tox mode. One of them was to use healthier ingredients like raw honey and pureed fruit to sweeten from-scratch drinks. Making your own cocktails at home (like cooking in general), is the best way to ensure you know exactly what’s going into your body, even if what you’re putting in there also includes tequila.
I hope you’ll give these healthy mean green margaritas a try once you’re completely out of detox mode and settling back into a new wellness routine. Don’t forget to enter the Plum Vida Giveaway so you can enjoy all the margaritas you want with a new tote bag full of Plum Vida! I’ll be choosing 5 winners next week – enter the giveaway here.
Stay tuned for more recipes and take-aways from my month of detox-retox!
Mean Green Kale Margaritas
- ¼ cup white tequila
- 5 ounces Plum Vida Pear, Kale, Apple, Spinach blend (one packet) or Green Juice
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons raw honey
- ½ cup water
- Ice cubes
- Sea salt and cayenne pepper for garnish
- Cilantro leaves for garnish
- In a large shaker or pitcher, combine the tequila, Plum Vida, lime juice, honey, and water. Shake or stir until well-mixed and the honey is dissolved.
- Pour a thin layer of salt on a plate. Add a few dashes of cayenne pepper. Dip the top of your margarita glasses in a shallow bowl of water, then place on the salt plate and twist until the crystals have adhered to the rim.
- Add ice to your glasses and divide the green margarita mixture between them. Garnish with fresh cilantro and lime wedges.
This is a sponsored post, and I received compensation for my endorsement of Plum Vida. Products featured on Feed Me Phoebe are few and far between, and as with all opinions on this site, I only give my endorsement when genuine.