Carrot Romesco Sauce
This simple carrot puree is healthy and delicious and could not be easier to make. It is also vegan and gluten-free. It can be paired with any meal.The recipe comes from Bon Appetit Magazine
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 45 minutes
- 2 medium carrots peeled and cut into 1 inch pieces
- Olive oil
- Sea salt
- ¼ cup blanched almonds
- 1 small garlic clove
- 1 tablespoon sherry or red wine vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ¼ teaspoon red chili flakes
- ¼ cup water
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. On a parchment lined baking sheet, toss the carrots with 1 tablespoon olive oil and season with salt. Roast in the oven until soft and caramelized, about 30 to 40 minutes.
- Transfer to a food processor and puree with the almonds, garlic, vinegar, paprika, chili, water, ¼ cup of olive oil, and ½ teaspoon salt until smooth. Taste for seasoning.