Endometriosis affects 10 percent of women, and yet, it often takes a woman 10 doctors visits in order to get diagnosed. An inflammatory condition by nature, as endo develops it can put a huge strain on the digestive system, leading to IBS symptoms and often SIBO.
Joining me to discuss how to heal the gut while tackling endo through more invasive measures is Dr. Iris Kerin Orbuch, the Director of the Advanced Gynecologic Laparoscopy Center in Los Angeles, and author of Beating Endo: How to Reclaim Your Life From Endometriosis.
Though the cornerstone of endometriosis treatment is surgical excision of Endometriosis, Dr. Kerin Orbuch understands the importance of incorporating integrative medicine and combining eastern & western medicine approaches in helping her patients heal and getting them on the road to recovery.
A quick taste of what we’ll cover:
- What is endometriosis and why is it so hard to diagnose
- Why someone develops endo
- Overlapping conditions from autoimmune diseases to gut disorder, and especially painful bowel syndrome (Interstitial Cystitis)
- Ways to heal after Endo surgery that would make someone less likely to develop SIBO
- How to manage the emotional stress of dealing with both endo and SIBO
- Limiting systemic inflammation through diet
- And so much more…
Resources, mentions and notes:
- The SIBO Made Simple Book – Available to Pre-Order! Find out more about early bonuses here
- Sign up for my Low FODMAP Cooking Classes (12/2 is Everyday Detox!)
- Dr. Kerin Orbuch’s website
- Dr. Kerin Orbuch’s book: Beating Endo: How to Reclaim Your Life From Endometriosis
- Ep 10 – Endometreosis with Rebecca Coomes
- Join the SIBO Made Simple Facebook Community Page
- Subscribe to the newsletter (and receive a free low FODMAP cookbook)
This episode is brought to you by SIBO Made Simple – THE BOOK! Part patient guide and part cookbook (complete with over 90 low FODMAP recipes), this is your trusty road map to become your own intestinal detective, gut problem solver, and critter-free kitchen crusader. Those who pre-order their copy will be able to do my Gut Heal Bootcamp for FREE. You will also get access to one free online cooking class. To find out more details about the pre-order bonuses and to submit your receipt, click here.
This episode is also brought to you by Verisana, one of the industry leaders for at-home testing. Their new offering is a monthly subscription, called Verisana Health Club, that helps you detect risk factors and diseases before they break out. Every month, they send you comprehensive labs in an optimized order. These at home tests use your blood, saliva, hair, and stool to measure cholesterol, hormones, toxic metals and other issues across a wide array of health assays. SIBO Made Simple listeners can get their first month of membership for free by visiting Verisana Health Club and using the code SIBO2020 at checkout.
Disclaimer: The information in this podcast does not provide medical advice, professional diagnosis, opinion, or treatment. The information discussed is for educational purposes only and is not a substitute for medical or professional care.