- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F and stick a large (13-inch) cast iron skillet on a rack in the middle.
- Mix the rice flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, and salt together in a mixing bowl.
- Melt four tablespoons of butter and allow to cool. In a small bowl, combine the eggs, milk, and melted butter. Add this mixture to the flour mixture and stir until just combined.
- Remove the skillet from the oven and add the remaining tablespoon of butter. Swirl until it coats the pan.
- Pour the batter into the hot skillet and bake for 15-20 minutes or until a wooden toothpick comes out clean. Serve warm.