Homemade Chicken Sausage Patties with Olives and Oregano
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 lb ground dark meat chicken or turkey
- ¼ cup finely chopped green olives picholine
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh oregano
- zest of one lemon
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Mince the garlic cloves together with the salt until you get a fine paste.
- Combine the garlic paste with the remaining ingredients in a medium mixing bowl. With clean hands, fold the ingredients into the meat until well distributed.
- Roll two tablespoons of the meat mixture into a small ball, then flatten between your palms to form a 1/4-inch thick patty. Repeat with the remaining meat. You should get 12 or so patties.
- Set a large cast iron skillet over a high flame. Coat the pan with a thin layer of vegetable oil. Once the pan is hot, cook the patties, gently flattening them with the back of your spatula on the first side, until very well-browned on both sides and cooked through, about 6-8 minutes total.
- Set aside for another use or serve immediately inside SLT sandwiches