Whenever I’m looking for a cooling sauce for grilled meats, I always turn to this mint tzatziki recipe.
Tzatziki is a Greek dip of pureed cucumber and yogurt. It’s infinitely adaptable to whatever fresh herbs you have on hand – parsley, dill, oregano – but I’m particularly fond this version with mint.
The cucumber and mint together are extra cooling. This is a lovely healthy option to serve with crackers or crudites. Or you can use it as a sauce for any Greek entree you have on hand, like grilled meats or pita bread.
Read on for the recipe for this mint tzatziki sauce!
With health and hedonism,
Mint Tzatziki Sauce
- 1 small cucumber peeled, seeded and roughly chopped
- ¼ cup tightly packed mint leaves
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup full fat Greek yogurt
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- Combine the cucumber, mint, garlic, lemon juice, Greek yogurt and salt in a small food processor and pulse until the mixture is smooth, but with some coarse bits of cucumber.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and serve as a dip or alongside these lamb burgers.