- 12 ounces quinoa
- 1 quart chicken or veggie stock
- 1 shallot minced
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes halved
- ¼ cup parsley leaves roughly chopped
- 1/3 cup mint leaves roughly chopped
- 2 tsp white vinegar
- 1 lemon juiced
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- salt to taste
- Place quinoa and chicken stock in a medium sauce pan and bring to a boil. Turn heat down to low, cover the pot, and simmer until all the liquid has evaporated, about 20 minutes.
- In the meantime, combine shallot, tomatoes, herbs, vinegar, lemon juice, and olive oil in a large mixing bowl. When the quinoa has finished cooking, add it to the bowl and toss all ingredients until well incorporated. Taste for seasoning, and add salt as necessary.
Leave a Reply