We are ending the podcast where we began: with the incredible Dr. Allison Siebecker. In this wind-down episode, I wanted to cover some frequently asked questions around relapse, retreatment and prevention. So many people end up in cycles of SIBO that they feel they will never exit from. But there is so much to be hopefully about, even for chronic SIBO cases, and this conversation really shows why.
Not only does Dr. Siebecker help troubleshoot some scenarios of stubborn SIBO, she gives an overview of an entire new toolkit of therapies that have shown incredible clinical results. None of these ideas involve aggressive herbals or antibiotics—in fact, very few require any pills at all.
Even if you feel you know everything there is to know about SIBO, I assure you this episode will open your mind to a whole new world of healing.
A quick taste of what we’ll cover:
- How many courses of herbs and antibiotics are too many
- What are the signs that someone is reacting to a treatment itself or die-off
- How long do you wait to retest after treatment? And when is retesting not worth it
- When to start prokinetics and how long to take them for
- A whole arsenal of new therapies: Frequency Specific Microcurrent, Neural retraining systems, Neural therapy, Electrical stimulation, Myofascial release, Craniosacral therapy, Hypnotherapy, Immunoglobulins, Low Dose Immunotherapy, Peptides, Tapping and more!
Resources, mentions and notes:
- The SIBO Made Simple Book – ON SHELVES NOW!!
- Submit your book receipt to join Gut Heal Bootcamp on 1/18
- Pay it forward: write a book review on Amazon to support my work (you don’t have to have bought it there)
- Join the SIBO Made Simple Facebook Community Page
- Subscribe to the newsletter (and receive a free low FODMAP cookbook)
- Follow me on Instagram to keep the conversation going
- Dr. Siebecker’s Website
- Dr. Siebecker’s New Therapies for Treating SIBO Summit
- Bysmouth biofilm remedies: Paul Anderson’s formula, Priority Biofilm Phase 2 Advanced
- Carol McMakin – FSM
- Gupta Program + DNRS
This episode is brought to you by SIBO Made Simple – THE BOOK! Part patient guide and part cookbook (complete with over 90 low FODMAP recipes), this is your trusty road map to become your own intestinal detective, gut problem solver, and critter-free kitchen crusader. Those who pre-order their copy will be able to do my Gut Heal Bootcamp for FREE. You will also get access to one free online cooking class. To find out more details about the pre-order bonuses and to submit your receipt, click here.
We are also brought to you by Epicured, a low FODMAP meal delivery service that understands that food is medicine. Each menu is created by Michelin star chefs and honed by doctors and dieticians at mount sinaii to restore digestive health for those with IBS, SIBO, Celiac and IBD. Everything they serve is 100 percent low FODMAP and gluten-free, with no cooking required! My favorite part about their dishes is the healthy spin on takeout gems like shrimp laksa and PAD THAI! Their version had a great balance of fresh veggies mixed in with the noodles that left me feeling both satisfied and completely free of my usual carb coma. Listeners to this podcast can get $20 off their order by using code PHOEBE. Click here or visit epicured.com/phoebe to learn more.
Disclaimer: The information in this podcast does not provide medical advice, professional diagnosis, opinion, or treatment. The information discussed is for educational purposes only and is not a substitute for medical or professional care.