Slow Cooker Tomato Basil Soup
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 large carrots peeled and finely diced
- 2 medium sweet onions finely diced
- 4 cloves garlic peeled and left whole
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 3 28- ounce cans whole peeled tomatoes
- 1 quart chicken broth
- 10 basil leaves plus more for garnish
- Freshly grated Parmesan for garnish, optional
- Combine all ingredients in a slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 5-7 hours, until flavors are blended and vegetables are soft. Allow the soup to cool slightly. Then puree in batches in a blender until very smooth. Serve immediately, or transfer the soup back to the slow cooker and keep on low until your guests arrive.
Luv What You Do says
Wow, I love how creamy this looks without the cream. I can’t wait to make this for the cold winter days!
Phoebe Lapine says
It’s the carrots that give it that nice color!