For the season 1 finale, I wanted to get the perspective of someone who has stood in these SIBO shoes many times and found a silver (intestinal) lining. In today’s episode, Rebecca Coomes is sharing her powerful patient story, from getting through cervical cancer, to managing endometriosis, to finding balance despite a chronic case of SIBO.
Rebecca is a fellow podcaster (go listen to her show, The Healthy Gut!), cookbook author, and coach. She has dealt with more than her fair share of health issues, and has learned a lot in the process about what it takes to tackle chronic illness without it taking over your life. We talk a lot about mindset in this episode, learning to tune into your body, focusing on what matters most, and maintaining a generous spirit when everything feels like it’s being taken away from you.
For those of you who have been asking for a patients’ perspective, more information on endometriosis, and living with chronic SIBO, this episode is for you.
A quick taste of what we’ll cover:
- Rebecca’s health history from birth as a C-section baby to today and everything gut-related in between
- Why lesions caused by endometriosis can lead to SIBO
- How to prevent surgical adhesions from messing with your organs
- Diet and lifestyle choices that can help combat the autoimmune component of endo
- Rebecca’s experience with hormonal birth control and and what she wish she’d known when she was 23 about endometriosis
- Lifestyle and mindset and stress reduction strategies for the chronic SIBO case
- The biggest mistakes people make when trying to get rid of SIBO
- How to find your joy when dealing with chronic illness
- And so much more…
Resources, mentions and notes:
- Rebecca’s podcast and website, The Healthy Gut
- Rebecca’s interview with Alyssa Tait on visceral mobilization
- More on the bi-phasic diet
- More on hormonal birth control and SIBO
- Rebecca’s SIBO meal planner download
- Phoebe’s Meal Prep Like a Pro E-book
- Join the SIBO Made Simple Facebook Community Page
- Subscribe to receive a free download of the episode transcript
This episode is brought to you by Fody Foods, my favorite resource for condiments, sauces and spice blends that are low FODMAP and use real ingredients to promote digestive health. Everything is Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, non-GMO, and most importantly, delicious. The garlic-infused oil and tomato-basil sauce are my personal favorites. Use code SIBOMADESIMPLE at checkout for 15 percent off your order!
Disclaimer: The information in this podcast does not provide medical advice, professional diagnosis, opinion, or treatment. The information discussed is for educational purposes only and is not a substitute for medical or professional care.