Back by popular demand is another powerful SIBO survivor story. In today’s episode, Shivan Sarna is sharing her experience of uncovering her root causes, from Lyme disease to mold exposure, and how she became the patient expert she is today.
Shivan is the founder of SIBO SOS, where she hosts monthly master classes to support others on their journey to understand, treat, and manage IBS, SIBO, and other digestive issues. Relying on her past as a yoga teacher and 20 years of experience hosting live TV, Shivan’s superpower is asking the questions SIBO patients have and then making that information easily understood and actionable.
For those of you who have been asking for a patients’ perspective, more information on underlying causes, how to vet practitioners to build your SIBO medical team, and navigate a SIBO diet as a vegetarian, this episode is for you.
A quick taste of what we’ll cover:
- Mold and Lyme exposure and what that looks like as a root cause for SIBO
- What it’s like to be a “canary” constantly reacting to everything in your environment
- We talk about Shivan’s SIBO misdiagnosis and whether or not to believe your breath test results
- The importance of uncovering underlying causes
- The biggest mistakes people make when trying to eradicate SIBO
- What products are essentials for your medicine cabinet and pantry for dealing with SIBO symptoms
- How to navigate a SIBO diet as a vegetarian
- And so much more…
Resources, mentions and notes:
- Shivan Sarna’s website, SIBO SOS
- Aerodiagnosticsbreath testing lab
- In Shivan’s medicine cabinet: Candibactin AR/BR, Allicin,charcoal, Megaspore probiotic.
- Yogourmet starterand MV Power yogurt maker
- 24 hour yogurt recipe
- Episode 21 on Acupuncture with Dr. Heidi Lovie
Today’s episode is brought to you by Fody Foods, a whole array of condiments, sauces and spice blends that are low FODMAP and use real ingredients to promote digestive health. Everything is Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, non-GMO, and most importantly, delicious. You can now purchase Fody Foods products at the regular grocery store! Keep an eye out for their purple logo on the shelves of Whole Foods, Sprouts, Fairway, and other grocers. Or you can head directly to fodyfoods.com to purchase online. SIBO Made Simple listeners in the US and Canada can get 15 percent off their order by using code SIBO15. Click here to learn more.
Disclaimer: The information shared in this podcast is not meant to provide medical advice, professional diagnosis, or treatment. The information discussed is for educational purposes only and is not a substitute for medical or professional care.