Spiced Apple Chips
This easy baked apple chips recipe uses cumin and cinnamon to spice the chips and is a great snack for kids and adults alike. It is also gluten-free.
- 2 tablespoons confectioners sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- 1 Granny Smith apple or other tart, sweet variety. We used Stayman Winesap
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the sugar and spices until combined. Using a fork or a sieve, dust the baking sheet with half of the sugar mixture.
- Cut the apple into 4 large pieces around the core. Discard the core. Cut the apple quarters into thin, 1/16 inch thick slices (use a mandolin if you have one). Arrange on the baking sheet in even layers. Dust the apples with the remaining sugar mixture.
- Bake in the oven for 1 ½ hours, until the slices have shrunk and become golden. Remove from the oven and allow to cool on the baking sheet. Carefully remove the slices from the parchment paper.
- Serve as finger food, or as a topping for a nice fall salad.
Leave a Reply