Spicy Chipotle Hummus
- 3 15- ounce can chick-peas drained
- 4 large garlic cloves chopped
- 6 tbsp tahini
- 1 lemon juiced
- ½ tsp cumin
- ½ tsp paprika
- 1 ½ tsp salt
- 2 chipotle peppers in adobo minced
- 2 tbsp adobo liquids from can maybe less, I would add this to taste depending on how spicy you like things
- ½ cup water
- Paprika or chili powder and olive oil for garnish
- In a small food processor, combine the chickpeas, garlic, lemon juice, tahini, cumin, paprika, and salt. Puree the mixture, adding the water as needed to thin it. When hummus is at desired consistency and smoothness, return to mixing bowl.
- Mix in the minced chipotle peppers and 1 tbsp chipotle liquids. Taste for seasoning. Add additional chipotle liquids as desired.
- Mixture can be stored in the refrigerator for up to a week.
- Garnish hummus with a couple dashes of paprika or chili powder, and a drizzle or two of olive oil. Serve with toasted pita, torn baguette, or carrots.