String Beans with Rosemary Pecans
This green bean recipe combines fresh string beans, pecans, and rosemary for a quick and easy side that goes with any lunch or dinner.
- 2 1/2 cups pecans
- 2 Tbs . olive oil
- 1 1/2 Tbs . chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 Tbs . sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp . ground cumin
- 1 tsp . salt
- 1 tsp . freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp . cayenne pepper
- 3 pounds string beans
- Preheat an oven to 300°F.
- Place the nuts in a bowl. In a small, heavy saucepan over medium-low heat, warm the olive oil. Add the rosemary and stir until aromatic, about 1 minute. Pour the seasoned oil over the nuts. Add the sugar, cumin, salt, black pepper and cayenne and stir to coat the nuts evenly. Transfer the nuts to a baking pan.
- Bake, stirring occasionally, until the nuts are toasted, about 20 minutes. Transfer to a plate and let cool completely. Can be made 1 week in advance
- Meanwhile, heat a large pot of salted water. Cook the green beans until al dente, about 5 minutes. Drain in a colander and run under cool water to stop the cooking. Toss the beans in a mixing bowl with a little olive oil, then transfer to a serving platter and top with the rosemary nuts.
Leave a Reply