Warm Delicata Squash Salad with Balsamic and Oregano
This simple vegetable salad recipe combines roasted squash with balsamic and oregano to create the perfect gluten-free, vegetarian side for lunch or dinner. It sounds like a lot of squash, but it really cooks down in the oven. Plus, it’s so delicious, you’ll be more than pleased if there ends up being extra yield!
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Remove the ends of the squash and cut it in half length-wise. Scoop out the seeds and stringy interior (a grapefruit spoon works well for this). Cut the squash into ½ inch slices. The end result will look like crescent moons.
- On a parchment-lined baking sheet, toss the squash together with the onions, olive oil, and 1/2 teaspoon of salt. Arrange in an even layer and bake in the oven for 30 minutes, redistributing once during the cooking process, until browned and tender.
- In the meantime, combine the vinegar, oregano, chili flakes, and 1/4 teaspoon salt . The oil and vinegar might not emulsify, but that’s okay.
- Transfer the squash to a serving bowl and drizzle with the balsamic mixture. Garnish with additional oregano, and serve immediately.
Leave a Reply