What. A. Week.
After having clogged your feeds with book hype these last few months, I expected Tuesday’s launch of The Wellness Project to be anti-climactic for everyone but me.
I totally underestimated the amount of love and number of book selfies that would rush in the morning of the 16th. It truly took me by surprise.
Then, on Friday, the book officially became a BEST SELLER on Amazon. It only lasted a day, but I couldn’t be more over the moon that it happened at all.
I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart and with every inch of my guts for making this book possible and for helping me shout from the rooftops about it.
I’m two legs into the book tour, and it’s clear from all the autoimmune peeps who came out to hang in Portland and Seattle, that you are hungry. Hungry for a more balanced approach to health, hungry for hope that your symptoms and the practices you adopt to alleviate them need not be a life sentence.
I shared a few interviews and articles from around the web here, but overall there was very little traditional media that covered the book. Which means that these ripples of buzz are all because of YOU.
Let’s keep the momentum going!
If you haven’t yet, I would be so grateful if you could take 2 minutes to leave a glowing review on Amazon. It really makes a difference during the first few weeks of sales.
And for those who have shared on social media, or plan to do so, I’ve got a huge thank you in the form of TWO brand spankin’ new appliances from Wolf Gourmet.
This high performance blender is the real deal. It’s been working its crazy powerful magic on smoothies in my kitchen for the last month (since the sun decided to come out in NYC), and my morning routine has never been so breezy and blueberry-filled (you can try it on Violet’s Big Blueberry Smoothie in Chapter 1!).
Second, this 4-Slice Toaster has been helping me plow through the last of my gluten-free peasant bread stash, and turning those slices into epic healthy hedonist avocado toasts like this sesame version with jammy eggs. That recipe is at the bottom of this post.
But first, let’s chat about how you can enter to win these rewards…
Wolf Gourmet Social Giveaway
I’ve partnered with Wolf Gourmet to offer two FABULOUS appliances (combined 1K value), one that speaks more to health, the other to hedonism:
To enter this giveaway, simply:
- Post a picture on Instagram, Facebook or Twitter featuring either The Wellness Project book cover, a dish you made from the book, or a wellness change that you’ve been inspired to make because of it.
- Use the hashtag #TheWellnessProjectBook
The offer will run from May 22 – June 9th. If you’ve already shared about the book using the above criteria, you will also be entered to win! Every post counts as one entry, so the more the merrier. Share, share, share!
Now, as for the toast.
I know you guys need a new avocado toast recipe like a hole in your jeggings. But hear me out.
The combination of lemon juice and dark sesame oil makes the mashed avocado that much more alluring. The jammy eggs, which are all the rage on the gram right now, are the ideal make ahead accompaniment to add a little extra protein and yolk pork. And the wakame up the nutritional value even further (hey ho iodine rich sea veggies!) and gives the toast a salty finish like a sprinkle of coarse sea salt.
Enjoy this toast over the weekend when you’re curled up in your favorite holey grey sweatpants reading The Wellness Project, and perhaps take a selfie of the whole situation while you’re add it for one more chance to win the Blend + Toast Giveaway!
From one healthy hedonist, to another,
Sesame Avocado Toasts with Jammy Eggs and Wakame
I know, I know. What you really need: another avocado toast recipe. I promise you though that this is one for the ages. The combination of lemon, dark sesame oil and oozy eggs is a breakfast dream come true.
- Fill a medium saucepan three-quarters of the way with water and bring to a boil. Using a slotted spoon or spider, carefully lower the eggs into the water. Simmer over medium-high heat for exactly 6 1/2 minutes. Transfer using the slotted spoon to an ice bath (a bowl filled with cold water and ice). When the eggs are cool to the touch, cracked them on all sides on a hard flat surface, and carefully peel them in the water, rinsing off any shell shards. Set the cleaned eggs aside.
- Meanwhile, in a medium mixing bowl, mash the avocado with the lemon juice, sesame oil and salt until coarsely combined.
- Toast the bread, then divide the avocado mixture between the slices. Cut the jammy eggs in half length-wise and nestle one on each piece. Crumble the wakame in your hands over the top so its a fine sprinkle. The garnish with a pinch of togarashi, if using.