Tropical Trail Mix with Ginger and Coconut
Inspired by Tasting Table's Good Taste.
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 20 minutes
- ¾ cup shelled raw pistachios
- ¼ cup finely shredded unsweetened coconut
- ¼ cup large-flake unsweetened coconut
- ¾ cups raw walnut halves
- ¼ cup macadamia nuts optional
- 1/4 teaspoon Madras curry powder
- ¼ teaspoon garam masala
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- pinch cayenne
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 large egg white
- 3 tablespoons roughly chopped crystallized ginger
- ¼ cup diced dried mango optional
- ½ teaspoon coarse sea salt
Preheat the oven to 350°.
On a rimmed baking sheet, place the pistachios, both coconuts and the walnuts and bake until the coconut is lightly toasted, about, 4 minutes. Transfer to a medium heat-safe bowl and stir in the macadamia nuts (if using), curry powder, garam masala, ground ginger, cayenne, honey, egg white, ginger, mango, and sea salt.
Return the coconut-nut mixture to the rimmed baking sheet and bake until golden-brown, about 10 minutes. Set the baking sheet on a wire rack to cool completely. Break the nut clusters up with your hands and store in an airtight container for consumption throughout the week!