Baked Moroccan Chicken Thighs with Carrots
This baked Moroccan chicken thigh recipe could not be easier. It's a hands off version of a tagine - the classic Moroccan stew. You can swap any veggies for the carrots - sweet potatoes or butternut squash would taste great with the spiced marinade.
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 1 hour
Total Time 1 hour 5 minutes
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken thighs
- One 15-ounce can chickpeas rinsed and drained (or 2 cups cooked)
- 6 medium carrots about ¾ pound, peeled and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 shallots roughly chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- ¼ cup olive oil
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
In a 9 x 13 baking dish or casserole pan, combine all the ingredients until the chicken and carrots are well-coated in the oil and spice mixture.
Roast in the oven until the chicken is fork-tender and the carrots are caramelized, about 1 hour.
Serve over quinoa and garnish with cilantro, parsley, or mint and lemon wedges.