Vegan Tuna Salad in Collard Green Wraps
Prep Time 15 minutes
Total Time 15 minutes
- 1 1/2 cups raw walnuts
- 1 cup pitted Kalamata olives
- ¼ cup seaweed or sea veggies (I used dried wakame)
- 2 celery stalks coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons Bubbie’s relish (I used sauerkraut, since it’s what I had)
- 16 collard green leaves stems removed
- 2 heirloom tomatoes thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped chives optional
In a food processor, pulse the walnuts until mealy. Add the olives, sea veggies, and relish (or kraut). Process again until a coarse paste. (You might have to add a tablespoon or two of water to get it smooth).
Transfer the mixture to a medium mixing bowl and fold in the chopped celery.
Stack two collard green leaves on a work surface so that there are no holes (one lengthwise and the other widthwise). Place ¼ cup of the untuna mixture in the center, followed by a tomato slice. Sprinkle with coarse sea salt, fresh cracked pepper and the chives (if using). Fold in the bottom, followed by the sides and secure with a toothpick or bamboo skewer and serve!