Greek Potato Salad with Olives and Feta
Try to cut all the ingredients for this Greek Potato Salad Recipe so that they're all the same size. It looks beautiful and rustic in the bowl - the perfect quick, easy and healthy summer side dish!
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
- 6 medium Yukon gold potatoes about 2 1/4 pounds
- Sea salt
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes or 1lb vine tomatoes, roughly chopped, halved
- 1 cucumber peeled, seeded and diced
- ½ small yellow onion thinly sliced
- ½ pound pitted Kalamata olives
- ¼ pound caper berries or 2 tablespoons capers, or a mix of both!
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons white or red wine vinegar
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ pound Greek feta cheese crumbled
Place the potato in a medium saucepan and cover with water. Season generously with salt and bring to a boil. Cook until the potatoes are fork tender, about 15-20 minutes. Drain and set aside until cool enough to touch. Cut the potatoes into 1-inch chunks.
Meanwhile, combine the tomatoes, cucumbers, onion, olive, capers, parsley, lemon juice, vinegar, olive oil and 1 teaspoon salt in a large mixing bowl.
Fold in the potatoes and taste for seasoning. Transfer to a serving bowl and garnish with the crumbled feta.
To make this recipe quicker, you can chop the potatoes before boiling. However, they will fall apart a little more in the rest of the salad like the one pictured.