You can easily triple this recipe and serve it to company. Use a cast iron pan and instead of flipping the frittata stovetop, finish it in a hot oven and then invert onto a plate to serve.
- 1 large shallot, thinly sliced
- 1 small zucchini, thinly sliced
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 2 tbsp shredded Monterey Jack (or any mild white cheese)
- In a small non-stick skillet, saute the shallot in 1 tablespoon of olive oil over medium-low heat. When they begin to become tender, add the zucchini. Saute the veggies until they are cooked through and beginning to brown, about 4 minutes. With your spatula, spread the zucchini and shallots evenly across the base of the pan. Season the egg with salt and pepper and pour it over the veggies.
- Cook until the bottom of the frittata has set and the top is nearly cooked through, about 3-5 minutes. Using a spatula, loosen the bottom of the pancake. Peel back one side, and tilt the pan so that the remaining uncooked egg slides to the open surface area. Using a second spatula, gently flip the frittata. Sprinkle the cheese over the top, and cover the pan with a plate to lock in the heat. Cook for another minute or so until the cheese is melted and the underside of the frittata has set. Slide the frittata onto a round plate and serve immediately.