This wild rice recipe is packed with whole grains and is quick to prepare. The sundried tomatoes and Kalmata olives make it a great spring dinner salad.
Originally published on Food & Wine.
- 1 cup wild rice
- 8 cups cold water
- Sea salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 cup thinly sliced sundried tomatoes
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced kalamata olives
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- In a large saucepan, cover the rice with the water, add 1 teaspoon of salt and bring to a boil. Cover and simmer over moderately low heat until the wild rice is tender but still chewy, about 1 hour. Drain the rice well.
- Toss the wild rice with the oil, vinegar, tomatoes, olives and parsley. Season with salt and serve.