This bread and butter jalapenos recipe is a spicy departure from your normal pickles.
I learned the recipe from my Chef Race pal, Chef & Trainer Robin Bodwin.
Despite her tough exterior, I knew Robin and I would get along when I saw how much purple she wore, and when I saw the fear in her eyes when she asked if we could bring snack bars in our backpacks, and was swiftly denied. I packed two industrial-sized boxes of Kind Bars in my suitcase, so it was nice to hear that someone else was not only as prepared as I was, but equally cranky when hungry.
Robin is a force of nature with a take no prisoners approach to life. She not only runs her own catering business in Raleigh, North Carolina. But she is also a Crossfit coach and works part time at The Raleigh Wine Shop. Her biggest problem is that are not enough hours in the day. (I can relate).
Born in Alaska and raised in places such as Hong Kong, Utah, Oregon and California, she has seen some places. Robin now resides in beautiful Raleigh where she can be close to her Mom and Step Dad. Life is busy but she would not have it any other way.
Robin’s recipe for Bread and Butter Jalapenos is below (yum!!).
With health and hedonism,
Bread and Butter Jalapenos
- Using rubber gloves slice the jalapenos and sprinkle with salt. Cover the jalapenos and refrigerate for 24-48 hours.
- Drain the jalapenos in a colander and allow them to stand for 10 minutes to get off all the excess water.
- Bring garlic, vinegar, water, sugar and spices to a boil. Add the jalapenos and simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Strain the jalapenos being sure to save the pickling liquid.
- Pack the jalapenos in sterilized jars and pour liquid over them. Seal the jars and process them in a water bath or you can simply store them in your refrigerator.