Brussels Sprouts with Apple, Pistachios, & Crème Fraiche
Adapted from Alexandra’s Kitchen and inspired by Alta restaurant in New York.
- 10 oz Brussels sprouts trimmed and halved
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons pistachios toasted and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 Fuji Apple unpeeled and thinly sliced
- 1 large dollop of crème fraiche
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- On a cookie sheet, toss the sprouts together with a drizzle of olive oil and a generous sprinkle of salt. Roast in the oven for 20-30 minutes, redistributing once or twice, until properly brown and crispy.
- In the meantime, in a small saucepan, stir together the balsamic and honey over medium heat until it starts to simmer. Let bubble for two minutes or so, until the mixture is reduced by half. Remove from the heat and pour over the apples, pistachios, and sprouts. Toss together, taste for seasoning, and serve immediately with a generous dollop of crème fraiche.