Greek Baked Tofu with Red Onion, Mustard, and Dill
Adapted from Peter Berley’s Modern Vegetarian Kitchen.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a bowl, combine the onion, oil, vinegar, wine, dill, mustard, honey, and salt.
- Pat the tofu dry with paper towels. Slice the block 1/2 inch thick. You should get 12 pieces.
- Place the tofu slices in a baking dish that can hold them in a single snug layer. Pour the marinade over the tofu.
- Bake for 45 minutes, or until the marinade is no longer liquid, and the onions are crisp and caramelized.
- Serve as a vegetarian entree on top of a bed of lentils or rice. The tofu is great room temperature or warm.