Mashed Avocado and Radish Crostini
- 5-7 pink radishes removed from stems and rinsed well
- 1-2 avocados cored and peeled
- 1 crusty French baguette
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- salt to taste
- Preheat the broiler.
- In a small bowl, mash the avocado with a fork. Add the lemon juice and a dash of salt. Mash together and taste for seasoning.
- Slice the radishes into thin rounds. Set aside.
- Cut the baguette into pieces 1/2 inch thick. On a cookie sheet, arrange the slices and toast under the broiler until just beginning to turn golden brown, about 2 minutes.
- To assemble crostini, top each piece of toasted baguette with a thin layer of avocado mash and two to three slices of radish. Sprinkle with coarse salt and/or a drizzle of olive oil and serve.