Smoked Blue Fish Hash
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 red potatoes about 1 1/2 pounds, in a 1-inch dice
- 1 small onion diced
- 1/2 teaspoon Coleman’s mustard powder
- 1 tablespoon lemon thyme leaves 1/2 tablespoon regular thyme
- 1/2 pound cooked blue fish flaked
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over a high flame. When hot, add the potatoes. Saute over medium-high heat for 10 minutes, until beginning to brown. Add the onion and continue to saute until the potatoes are very brown and cooked through, another 10 to 15 minutes. Add the mustard powder, thyme, and blue fish. Saute for another 5 minutes, until the fish is heated through, stirring infrequently (you don’t want to break apart the fish too much). Season generously with salt and squeeze the lemon over the hash.
- Serve with an olive oil fried egg.