Smoked Salmon Scramble
- 1 large shallot thinly sliced
- 6 eggs cracked and beaten
- 4 oz smoked salmon torn into thin strips
- ½ lemon
- 1 tbsp chopped tarragon optional
- In a medium non-stick skillet, sauté the shallot in 1 tablespoon of olive oil over medium heat until translucent and beginning to brown. Season the eggs with salt and pepper and pour them into the pan. Turn the heat down to low and slowly scramble, scraping up any congealed bits of egg from the bottom of the pan as they form.
- In the meantime, squeeze the lemon juice over the strips of salmon in a medium serving bowl. Set aside.
- When the eggs are almost finished, taste for seasoning, sprinkle with tarragon or another green herb (parsley or chives would also work well here), and pour into the serving bowl with the salmon. Toss gently to combine, sprinkle with a touch more lemon, and serve immediately with a toasted bagel or baguette.