This black bean dip is a great party appetizer that involves very few ingredients and is quick and simple to make. It is also high in protein and fiber.
Originally published on Food & Wine.
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- One 15-ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup tightly packed cilantro leaves, plus more for garnish
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Combine the garlic, cumin, chili powder, beans, cilantro, lime juice and salt in a small food processor. Add 1/4 cup warm water and puree until smooth. Taste for seasoning.
- Serve the dip in a bowl and garnish with cilantro leaves.