Fresh Cherry Tomato Sauce
- Olive oil
- Sea salt and pepper
- 2 large cloves garlic thinly sliced
- ½ teaspoon red chili flakes
- 2 pints cherry tomatoes halved
- 1/2 cup loosely packed basil leaves roughly torn
- Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a large saucepan. Cook the garlic and chili flakes, keeping an eye on it, until sizzling and beginning to turn golden brown, 1 minute.
- Add the tomatoes and 1 teaspoon salt. Simmer over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until soft and most of the liquid has been released, about 15 minutes. Smush the tomatoes with the back of your spoon or spatula while cooking to release the juices.
- Stir in half the basil and set aside. Garnish with the remaining basil and serve immediately.