- ½ red onion roughly chopped
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 jalapeno seeds and ribs removed, roughly chopped
- 3 plum tomatoes cored and seeded, roughly chopped
- 1 red bell pepper seeds and ribs removed, roughly chopped
- 2 small seedless slicing cucumbers about 1 ½ cups, roughly chopped
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- ½ teaspoon sweet smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped parsley
- Put the onion, garlic, and jalapeno to a small food processor and pulse until finely chopped. Add the tomato, bell pepper, cucumbers, olive oil, vinegar, and seasonings. Puree until smooth.
- Transfer the mixture to a serving bowl. Taste for seasoning and add more salt or cayenne as necessary, depending on how much heat you can handle. Fold in half the parsley and garnish with the remaining.
- Serve alongside grilled steak or chicken.