We’ve covered a lot of ground in season 2 of SIBO Made Simple, and along the way we’ve received some amazing listener questions, many of which are related to the food piece of the puzzle. In today’s episode, we’re asking a nutritionist all of our diet-related digestion questions. To answer them, I have Kristy Regan, a Holistic Nutritionist who specializes in gastrointestinal disorders, and also author of the book, The SIBO Diet Plan
If you don’t hear your question, don’t stress—there’s a big possibility I’ll be getting to it with a dedicated episode in season 3 when we return in the fall!
A quick taste of what we’ll cover:
• How you determine if someone even needs a SIBO diet
• Who is a restrictive diet not good for and what approach you take with these people
• Why you may be more food sensitive now than before going low FODMAP
• The best way to reintroduce foods
• The best long-term changes we can make to prevent relapse
• What to eat on days when you’re having horrible distension and pain
• Top tips for managing sweet cravings and hunger
• How fermented foods factor into treatment and recovery
• How to not fear food on a SIBO diet
• Pointers for vegetarians / vegans who need to take on a SIBO diet
• And so much more…
Resources, mentions and notes:
• Kristy Regan’s website
• Kristy Regan’s book, The SIBO Diet Plan
• Pumpkin seed protein powder
• Episode 6 on probiotics with Jason Hawrelak
• Episode 12 ask a doctor – all your season 1 q and a questions!
• Dr. Jacobi’s Vegetarian Bi-Phasic Diet download
• Oxbile supplement for gallbladder fat malabsorption
• Leaky gut supplement pack: L-Glutamine, Zinc Carnosine, Melatonin, Curcumin
• Episode 23 on the elemental diet with Dr. Michael Ruscio
This episode is brought to you by my new e-book program, The Low FODMAP Summer Reset, a 4-week elimination diet meal plan with mouthwatering SIBO-friendly recipes using the best of the season’s produce. All the dishes are not only free of high FODMAP foods, but also gluten, dairy, soy, corn and refined sugar. This will help not only quiet symptoms of bloating and IBS, but identify the food triggers that might be lighting up your immune system and creating a cycle of inflammation in the gut. Plus, there’s a step by step guide for reintroducing these ingredients one at a time so you can design your best path forward. As a member of the SIBO Made Simple listener family, you can take $20 off by using the code SIBO20 at checkout. Just click here to learn more.
Disclaimer: The information shared in this podcast is not meant to provide medical advice, professional diagnosis, or treatment. The information discussed is for educational purposes only and is not a substitute for medical or professional care.